Be a horse-whisperer

I love this TEDxSanDiego talk a friend shared with me this week and I think you’ll enjoy it, too, especially if you like horses. But even if you don’t the lessons this  shares are universal and inspiring. As I watched, I had to think of one of my favorite Psalms: “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters” (Ps. 23). Here are a few highlights:

• Heal yourself, then you can heal others
  • Trust your intuition
  • Set clear boundaries
  • Present a fearless image to the world
  • Feel love and compassion for others
  • Be vulnerable, yet trusting
  • Dissolve fear in yourself in order to help others
  • “Find the terrified horse in yourself and heal it. Heal our planet from the inside out.”

Comments

1. Sharla Allard says

What a lovely person this horse trainer is. It’s a good lesson in how to be confident oneself in order to heal others. Even better, it teaches me to value what others than members of my own faith have to teach me about life and love.

2. Amy Richmond says

This video really moved me. I loved the part where she talked about going into the ring with Max and for the first time, she didn’t care about his fears. But she was still being compassionate. I think we’re better healers when we don’t care about the fears and we see what’s really true. Thanks for sharing Ingrid. ;)

• Ingrid Peschke says

Thanks, Amy, for sharing this video with me so I could share it with my subscribers :)

3. Virginia McCullough says

What a treat to read this blog and see the video. As someone who grew up loving horses, even playing horses during recess in elementary school, I can relate. But as you say, even if you’re not partial to horses, it relates to life. When I was young I didn’t get the finer points of working with horses and am so grateful I had the opportunity later on to learn more. Actually training a young horse, who had never been riden, “by the book” — “Breaking and Training the Stock Horse” — opened up my thought to the power of following instructions. The book used a gentle and firm approach — and it worked. Later on I found the book “Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures” by Mary Baker Eddy and began learning to heal by following the instructions. There is always more to learn from this book and the Bible.

4. Jane Winner says

Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring video, Ingrid, and your highlights, too. How beautiful to see the universal nature of love as expressed by both the horse and trainer. It illustrated for me the Bible verses, “God is love,” and, “Perfect love casts out fear.”

5. Anne says

I have often wondered what true leadership was, and what it takes to nurture as a leader. I watched the video today about the horse whisperer and was struck by what it said about overcoming fear as a key to good leadership. But I was also struck by what it said to me about the Practice of healing through Christian Science- as we are more open to letting the higher, more spiritual understanding of infinite, perfect Mind hold us and lead us, healing happens, in us and therefore in the world. As we retain our God-given spiritual qualities and expressions of good, we step into the arena of leadership where we are led to lead, and true, natural progress happens.

• Ingrid Peschke says

Good points, Anne. I, too, drew parallels with leadership and the “matriarch mare.” As a mother, I can relate to how I set the tone in my family, often helping to dissolve my children’s fears and worries simply by how I respond. As you said, we can all step into that “arena” of leadership through the quality of thought that we hold about ourselves and others–and that’s healing!